Sunday, May 27, 2018

Tread Lightly!


Tread Lightly! is how to not leave an impact on the environment. There are five principles of Tread Lightly!

1. Travel Responsibly
Stay together and stay away from dirty or muddy areas so that plants don't get stomped on. At the most recent father-son campout I camped in a designated camping area. 

2. Respect the Rights of Others
If an area is restricted, do not go in there. Also, don't be too noisy, "cough cough" my troop! Be courteous like the Scout Law says.

3. Educate Yourself
Be aware of what dangerous plants and animals you may encounter where you're camping. I have researched dangerous plants and animals.

4. Avoid Sensitive Areas
Stay on marked trails and away from historical sites. At my most recent father-son campout, My friends and I went "exploring" and stayed on marked trails.

5. Do Your Part
If you leave a mess, clean it up. I helped break camp at the most recent campout.

No comments:

Post a Comment